Tuesday 31 May 2011

Hit & Miss

My Gwyneth Level (the amount my life resembles Gwyneth's) has fluctuated like Kerry Katona's weight since my last post.
Due to time constraints and generally poor organisation of my life I didn't manage to make mixed mezze for Vanessa's birthday. I also didn't make Nigella's Old Fashioned Cheesecake due to poorly stocked local supermarkets. These are hurdles that Gwynnie and any other successful yummy mummy would have sailed over gracefully. I, however, tumbled like a hippo. It wasn't all a failure as I did manage to bake Hummingbird Bakery's Strawberry & Cream Cheescake from their new book - I had to steal a photo of the recipe from a copy of the book in Sainsburys, I felt justified due to their lack of curd cheese.
I think it turned out okay..? Vanessa said she enjoyed it, though the enjoyment was hampered by my strict instructions not to use any metal implements near my cake tin (Lukas the Utensil Nazi). No photos unfortunately, but I'll undoubtedly make it again and share the results with y'all.
Vanessa's birthday party was lots of fun, the theme was "Thousand and Third Night Party".. it's kind of a fashion history in-joke - mine and Lola's class is lame like that. Anyway, got a bit too drunk, 20 McNuggets from Maccy D's, spent all of bank holiday in bed with America's Next Top Model Cycle 14.. I realise this was all very un-Gwyneth of me.
BUT..! Today! Total recovery on my journey to become Gwyneth's Next Biggest Fan.
Got to uni on time! Attended the Central Saint Martins' graduate show which once boasted Gwyn's friend and sometime designer Stella McCartney on it's schedule! Celeb spotted Christopher Kane (sat in front of me) and Daisy Lowe! To top it off, just did advanced Spin and Yoga classes at the gym!

Beat that Lola.. x

No comments:

Post a Comment