Wednesday 6 July 2011

Glee and other fabulosities

Lukas has been harassing me to watch some little show called Glee for quite some time now. Why should I care about a bunch of high schoolers singing in a choir somewhere in America? The thought of sitting through an episode of Dawson's creek meets the Sound of Music was quite unattractive to me (well, come to think of it...Pacey and Fraulein Maria together in one show, singing, could be quite possibly the best thing ever...anyway, moving on) and I simply refused to embark on the Glee boat. Then, came this one fateful lazy morning (well, lazy is not that lazy since I automatically wake up at 7:00 every morning) and a few hours to spare. I thought I'd just check the pilot out, one short episode, make a friend happy. 
Here I am 3 hours later, 4 episodes in: COMPLETELY ADDICTED. I am gleeked!!! 
And you know what the best part of the show is: GWYNNIE-GIRL MAKES GUEST APPEARANCES!!! Ok, I'm not far enough in the season to have actually seen her in one of the episodes, BUT thanks to the magic of this little website called Youtube (heard of it? It's great, you'll love it.) we can watch her work her magic over and over and over again. WE LOVE IT!!! She is so talented!!! She actually makes the songs sound better than the originals! Crazyyyy!

Here's her cover of Cee-lo's (whoever that is) Forget You:


My favorite is this one, I swear it will make you cry: 


So, did you cry? No? Do you have no heart? Have you never loved? or been loved? 

Also, Gwynnie has decided to show some skin (duh, we would as well if we had her body) in Vanity Fair this month. She looks gorgeous! And may I just say that not a lot of women can pull off the fishnet-half-naked-with-jewellery look that tastefully. Even I, who when trying to be sexy just ends up looking cute (or plain ridiculous) would scare a hooker in such an attire.  

                                            Photograph by: Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair


So, hope you become addicted to Glee! And hope this picture above makes you want to work out like a crazy person. Personally, I just want to buy fishnets and wear them with all my diamonds. 

Lots of Love!!! 
WWGD? 

Lola



1 comment: